Tuesday, December 20, 2011
MACON, Ga. - USC Upstate's duo of Ricardo Glenn and Ty Greene swept through the Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Weekly Awards as the Spartans garnered two conference wins on the road to move to the top of the league standings.
Glenn tallied his first two career double-doubles vs. Stetson and FGCU, while Greene scored 21 points twice on the week to help the Spartans to their seventh and eighth wins of the season, which is the most in the conference.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Ricardo Glenn, USC Upstate
(So. – Forward – Augusta, Ga. – Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Second Career Player of the Week award; second this season
- Picked up first and second career double-doubles in two Spartan conference wins
- Collected 12 points and 14 rebounds at Stetson; Followed with 15 points and 10 boards at FGCU
- Helped Spartans to league leading eight wins and 2-0 conference mark
- Added 10-point effort at No. 2 Ohio State on 3-of-4 from the floor
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK:
Ty Greene, USC Upstate
- Langston Hall (So., Mercer) – Contributed 17 points and seven assists in overtime loss at Seton Hall
(Fr. – Guard – Knoxville, Tenn. – Sports Science)
- First Career Newcomer of the Week award
- Scored back-to-back 21-point game in first two conference contests vs. Stetson and FGCU
- Hit four three-pointers against the Hatters; registered 14 second-half points against the Eagles
- Helped Spartans move into a tie with Belmont at 2-0 in conference play
- Added six points against No. 2 Ohio State
- Delbert Love (Fr., Kennesaw State) – Averaged 15 points in three games; including career-high 27 points at No. 8 Missouri
- Ty Greene (Fr., USC Upstate) – Scored back-to-back 21 point games in first two conference games of year
- Deonte Alexander (Jr., Lipscomb) – Averaged 12 points and three steals; tallied career-high five swipes at Memphis
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.