Monday, November 25, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Northern Kentucky's Jalen Billups and Jacksonville's Marcel White garnered the Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball weekly awards following their performances over the past seven days, announced Monday by the league office.
Billups was a force in the paint for NKU as the sophomore center shot 81.2 percent from the field, which included a 10-for-11 outing on the road vs. Tulane as he registered 25 points with 13 coming in the overtime session. The sophomore added seven rebounds and three blocks in the Norse's first victory of the season.
JU's Marcel White posted back-to-back double-digit scoring efforts against Wake Forest and in the Dolphins' win vs. Florida A&M to average 15 points for the week. White was efficient from behind the arc as the freshman hit 5-of-9 attempts and added seven rebounds in the two contests.
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Player of the Week - Nov. 25th|
| Jalen Billups Northern Kentucky
• So.; Center
• Cincinnati, Ohio
||• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week award
• Dominated in NKU's win at Tulane with 25 points on 10-of-11 shooting
• Scored 13 of his 25 points in overtime as Norse won 91-86
• Added seven rebounds and three blocks in NKU's first win
• Totaled 11 points and five rebounds vs. Morehead State
• Shot 81.2 percent (13-of-16) from the field on the week;
• From the charity stripe, made 10-of-14 attempts (71.4%)
• Stats for the Week: 18.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 81.2% FG
• Next NKU Contest: vs. Southeast Missouri State; Friday, Nov. 29th
Jarvis Haywood, Jacksonville; Willie Green, Stetson; Beau Beech, North Florida; Langston Hall, Mercer; Torrey Craig, USC Upstate; Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard, ETSU; Brett Comer, FGCU
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Nov. 25th|
| Marcel White Jacksonville
• Fr.; Forward
• Lake Wales, Fla.
||• First Career A-Sun Newcomer of the Week award
• Posted back-to-back double-digit scoring efforts for JU
• Netted 14 points on 6-of-6 shooting in near upset at Wake Forest
• Added 16 points in four-point win vs. Florida A&M
• Shot 52.4 percent from the field (11-for-21); 55.6 percent from three
• Averaged 21.5 minutes played in two games on the week
• Stats for the Week: 15.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 52.4% FG
• Next JU Contest: hosts No. 14 Florida; Monday, Nov. 25th
Kentwan Smith, Stetson; Sean Brennan, North Florida; Ike Nwamu, Mercer; Shunquez Stephens, USC Upstate; Nate Hicks, FGCU