Monday, December 30, 2013
MACON, Ga. - ETSU's Jalen Riley and Jacksonville's Vince Martin picked up the Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball weekly awards, announced Monday by the league office.
Riley, who won Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 23rd, led ETSU to an impressive 73-62 victory vs. Valparaiso as he registered a game-high 19 points against the Crusaders. He added four steals in the win as the Buccaneers forced 24 Valpo turnovers to extend ETSU's home winning streak to six games.
Martin showcased his all-around game against South Carolina State as the senior guard produced 15 points, eight rebounds, five steals and four assists in the 61-47 victory. Martin currently leads the A-Sun in steals per game and ranks third for assists.
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Player of the Week - Dec. 30th|
| Jalen Riley ETSU
• Jr.; Guard
• Racine, Wis.
||• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week award
• Led ETSU to a 73-62 victory vs. Valparaiso on a game-high 19 points
• Hit 7-of-8 free throws to go along with 2-of-4 three pointers
• Added four steals as the Bucs force Valpo into 24 turnovers
• Has led ETSU in scoring in three of the past five contests
• Win vs. Valpo extended ETSU's home winning streak to six games
• Bucs have won three-straight games heading into A-Sun play
• Stats for the Week: 19 PPG, 4 SPG, 87.5 FT%
• Next ETSU Contest: at Kennesaw State; January 4th
Jarvis Haywood, Jacksonville; Langston Hall, Mercer
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Dec. 30th|
| Vince Martin Jacksonville
• Sr.; Guard
• Marietta, Ga.
||• First Career A-Sun Newcomer of the Week award
• Tallied 15 points, eight rebounds, five steals and four assists vs. SC State
• Shot an efficient 3-of-5 from the field including 2-of-3 from three pointers
• Added a 7-of-10 effort from the charity stripe
• Ranks 1st in A-Sun for steals and third for assists
• Win vs. South Carolina State snapped a three-game losing streak
• Stats for the Week: 15 PPG, 8 RPG, 5 SPG
• Next JU Contest: hosts Mercer; Monday, December 30th
Phillip Leonard, Mercer; Jalen Riley, ETSU