Monday, January 13, 2014
MACON, Ga. - Jacksonville's Keith McDougald and Lipscomb's Josh Williams earned the Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball weekly awards, announced Monday by the league office.
McDougald and the Dolphins went 3-0 on the week as the senior guard reached 1,000 points in his career and averaged 20 points per contest. He started the week with 14 points at Lipscomb and followed with a career-high 27 in a 13-point win vs. Stetson. McDougald capped the week with a seven-point win vs. FGCU as he led the team in scoring with 19 and pulled down six rebounds to push JU to 4-2 in league play.
Williams produced two of more impressive performances season in back-to-back games as he tallied 28 points against JU before adding 34 in a win at ETSU. The freshman guard hit 10-of-16 shots vs the Dolphins and grabbed nine rebounds and then guided the Bisons to their first A-Sun win on 13-of-17 shooting including three trifectas. He added four rebounds and three assists at ETSU.
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Player of the Week - Jan. 13th|
| Keith McDougald Jacksonville
• Sr.; Guard
• Jacksonville, Fla.
||• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week; first for JU since 2/14/12
• Led Dolphins to 3-0 week with two home victories and a road win
• Tallied a career-high 27 points in 13-point win vs. Stetson
• Added five rebounds, seven assists and three steals vs the Hatters
• Guided JU to 76-69 win vs. FGCU with 19 points - 13 in the second half
• Started the week with 14 points in narrow victory at Lipscomb
• Passed 1,000 career points in home victory vs. Stetson
• Stats for the Week: 20 PPG, 4 RPG, 4 APG
• Next JU Contest: at North Florida; January 17th (CSS)
Beau Beech, North Florida; Torrey Craig, USC Upstate; Brian Pegg, Stetson; Langston Hall, Mercer; Josh Williams, Lipscomb
Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Jan. 13th|
| Josh Williams Lipscomb
• Fr.; Guard
• Jackson, Miss.
||• First Career A-Sun Newcomer of the Week award
• Posted two huge games with 28 points vs. JU and 34 at ETSU
• Began week with 28 points, nine rebounds and two assists vs. JU
• Followed by hitting 13-of-17 shots at ETSU en route to 34 points
• Added four rebounds, three assists in two-point win vs. the Bucs
• Connected on 25-of-40 field-goal attempts on the week (62.5%)
• From behind the arc, Williams made 7-of-19 in three games
• Guided Bisons to first A-Sun win of the season at ETSU
• Stats for the Week: 22 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 62.5 FG%
• Next Lipscomb Contest: hosts Kennesaw State; Thursday, January 16th
RJ Slawson, Jacksonville; Dallas Moore, North Florida; Kentwan Smith, Stetson; Ike Nwamu, Mercer