Wednesday, March 20, 2013
MACON, Ga. – North Florida's Sean Dale recorded his third consecutive top-five finish of the spring and helped the Ospreys to a third-place finish at the Schenkel Invitational to earn his fifth career A-Sun Men's Golfer of the Week honor.
MEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Sean Dale, North Florida (Sr. – Jacksonville, Fla. – Communications)
• Ospreys' top performer finishing tied for third with a five-under 211 (71-73-67)
• Marked third consecutive Top-5 finish of the spring
• Posted pair of rounds under par and now has posted seven of eight rounds played this spring under par
• Helped UNF to finish third at the Schenkel Invitational, behind a pair of Top-5 teams and ahead of four other Top-50 squads
• Matched season low with a final round of 67 (lowest score of the day at the tournament)
• Hans Reimers, Mercer – Posted his second consecutive Top-10 finish, wrapping up the Seminole Intercollegiate in ninth place...Fired rounds of 71 (-1), 68 (-3) and 72 (E) to outpace 57 other competitors...Helped Mercer take a sixth place finish in the event, hosted by Florida State at the Southwood Golf Course...Marked his fifth career top 10 finish
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.