Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MACON, Ga. – Kennesaw State sophomore Jimmy Beck medaled at the Irish Creek Collegiate for his second individual title of the season and led the Owls to a third-place finish for his third A-Sun Men's Golfer of the Week honor of 2012-13.
MEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Jimmy Beck, Kennesaw State (So.– Columbus, Ga. – Finance)
• Third A-Sun Men's Golfer of the Week honor this season
• Captured individual medalist honors at the 17-team Irish Creek Collegiate (April 6-7) at The Club at Irish Creek in Kannapolis, N.C.
• Posted rounds of 67-70-68 for a 54-hole total of 8-under-par 205
• Recorded a one-shot victory over Franco Castro of Charlotte
• Performance helped the Owls tie for third place, seven shots behind team champion North Carolina
• Beck's tournament included 14 birdies, 34 pars and six bogies
• Second individual title of the season for Beck, who also captured the Pinetree Intercollegiate in October
• Sean Dale, North Florida – Finished third at Gary Koch Invitational with a 54-hole total of 208 (-8)...Fired rounds of 68-73-67...Posted Top-15 finishes in every event this spring including four top five showings...Final round 67 matched season-best performance
• Edward Figueroa, FGCU – Finished in a tie for seventh overall in the field of 58 at the Jim West Intercollegiate hosted by Texas State...Fired a three-round 75-74-73/222 for his third Top-10 finish in his eight events this season...Carded 36 pars over the 54 holes
• Hans Reimers, Mercer – Tied for 10th place at the Irish Creek Collegiate with a three-round total of 214 (70-71-73)...The finish marked his third Top-10 in the last four outings and helped the Bears take home eighth place...Notched 13 birdies in three rounds of action
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.