Wednesday, January 18, 2012
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Tucker Peabody and ETSU's Jadon Short earned the Atlantic Sun Men's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week honors, announced Wednesday by the league office. Peabody set two school sprint records, while Short qualified for the USATF Junior National Championships in the triple jump.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Tucker Peabody, Lipscomb
(So. – Sprints – Memphis, Tenn.)
- Second Career A-Sun Indoor Track Athlete of the Week Honor
- Set school records in the 55m (6.42) and 200m (21.77) dashes
- Ranks 42nd nationally in the 200m and first in A-Sun
- Earned runner-up honors in 200m dash at Saluki Booster
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Jadon Short, ETSU
- James Post (Jr., North Florida) – Claimed first place in mile run at Jimmy Carnes Invite (4:16.19)
- Tim O'Dell (Jr., ETSU) – Posted top A-Sun time in 400m dash at VT Invitational (48.90)
- Reggie Lewis (Fr., Kennesaw State) – Set program record in long jump (7.11m) and 200m (21.93)
- Erick Kigen (So., Belmont) – Earned to top-three finishes at Saluki Open in the 800m (2nd) and mile (third)
(Fr. – Jumps – Oak Ridge, Tenn. – Health Sciences)
- First Career Field Athlete of the Week award
- Finished third in long jump at VT Invitational with distance of 24'3.5"
- His performances is best in the conference and ranks 14th in the nation
- The jump also qualified the freshman for the USATF Jr. National Championships
- David Shepherd (So., North Florida) – Posted A-Sun's best performance in pole vault with height of 16'4.75"
- Logan Ray (Jr., Lipscomb) – Improved personal best in triple jump by nearly two feet (48'0")
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.