Wednesday, February 15, 2012
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Tucker Peabody and USC Upstate's Kenneth Sugishita earned the final Atlantic Sun Men's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week honors of the season, announced Wednesday by the league office. Peabody claimed two first-place finishes at the Indiana Hoosier Hills Invitational, while Sugishita continued his lead in the A-Sun in the shot put.
The 2012 Atlantic Sun Indoor Track and Field Championship takes place this week in Johnson City, Tenn. on the campus of East Tennessee State University. The ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center plays host to the event on Friday and Saturday.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Tucker Peabody, Lipscomb
(So. – Sprints – Memphis, Tenn.)
- Third Career A-Sun Indoor Track Athlete of the Week Honor; second this season
- Won the 60m and 200m dashes at the Indiana Hoosier Hills Invitational
- His time of 21.59 in 200m is tied for 33rd-fastest in the nation
- Leads the A-Sun 200m dash and is third for 60m (6.86)
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Kenneth Sugishita, USC Upstate
- Gilbert Kemboi (Jr., USC Upstate) – Posted a school record in the 3,000m run in 8:20.36
(Jr. – Throws – Arroyo Grande, Calif. – Accounting)
- Second Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award; second this season
- Posted throw of 15.53m in shot put at Tiger Paw Invitational
- Earned seventh place in the event at Clemson
- Leads the conference in shot put
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.