Wednesday, January 16, 2013
MACON, Ga. - The third Atlantic Sun Men's Indoor Track & Field Weekly Awards went to ETSU's Filip Jalovy and Kennesaw State's Martynas Sedys after strong performances in the UAB Blazer Invite.
Jalovy had a bronze medal finish in a 25-man field in the 3,000-meter run, while freshman Sedys made the podium in his first-ever collegiate competition.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Filip Jalovy, ETSU
(So. – Track – Czech Republic – Sports Management)
- First Career Indoor Track Athlete of the Week award
- Finished No. 3 out of 25 runners in the 3000m
- Set a personal best in the 3000m with a time of 8:34.07
- His time beat the previous meet record at the UAB Blazer Invite
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Martynas Sedys, Kennesaw State
- Tucker Peabody (Jr., Lipscomb) – Took home third place in the 200m dash at the Blazer Invite
(Fr. – Throws)
- First Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Made the podium at the Blazer Invite; his ever first collegiate meet
- Finished first in the weight throw with a toss of 17.45m
- Currently holds the longest throw in the A-Sun in the weight throw
- Houston Ward (So., Lipscomb) – Threw a personal best in the weight throw of 14.49 meters at the Blazer Invite
- Tyler Stepp (Jr., ETSU) – Earned bronze out of 24-man field in the high jump
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.