Wednesday, March 21, 2012
MACON, Ga. – ETSU's Jeremy Bonnevalle took home his first career Atlantic Sun Men's Tennis Player of the Week honors after going 2-0 at No. 4 singles and 2-0 at No. 2 doubles, announced by the league office on Wednesday. Bonnevalle helped the Bucs to a 2-0 start in conference play after downing North Florida and Jacksonville.
MEN'S PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Jeremy Bonnevalle, ETSU (Sr. – Keerbergen, Belgium - Management)
• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week award
• Helped ETSU to a 2-0 week in conference play, defeating Jacksonville and No. 50 North Florida
• Grabbed a match-saving point when ETSU was down 3-2 to No. 50 North Florida
• Teamed with Juan Ramirez at No. 2 doubles defeating Fernando Bano Lopez and Jose Fantova 8-6, as the Bucs swept JU 7-0
• Bonnevalle and Ramirez also hold the longest active ETSU doubles winning streak, having won three matches in a row
• Posted a 2-0 week at No. 4 singles and went 2-0 at No. 2 doubles
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.