Wednesday, April 17, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Tucker Peabody and and ETSU's Jason Johnson grabbed Atlantic Sun Track and Field Weekly Honors as announced by the conference on Wednesday.
Peabody finished second in the 200m at the Ole Miss Invite, while Jason Johnson set an ETSU school record in the men's outdoor triple jump.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Tucker Peabody, Lipscomb
(Jr. – Sprints – Memphis, Tenn. – Biology)
- Third Career Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week award; second this season
- Finished second in the 200m at the Ole Miss Invite with a time of 21.04 seconds
- Lowered the time on his Atlantic Sun leading 200-meter dash
- Ran the 100-meter dash in 10.76 seconds
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Jason Johnson, ETSU
- Brendan Chwalek (Sr., Northern Kentucky) – Currently ranks No. 1 in the A-Sun in the 3000m steeplechase
- Cameron Thomas (Sr., USC Upstate) – Took top honors in the men's 800-meter at the Johnson C. Smith Invitational
- Ifrish Alberg (Sr., ETSU) – Came away with the gold in the 100m dash at the Sea Ray Relays
(Sr. – Jumps – Philadelphia, Pa. – )
- Third Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Set an ETSU school record in the men's outdoor triple jump with a mark of 15.42m
- Collected a first place finish in the triple jump at the Sea Ray Relays
- Currently sits at second-place in the A-Sun in the men's triple jump this outdoor season
- John Clevenger (Sr., Lipscomb) – Finished second in the javelin throw at the Boston-Moon Classic
- Kenny Sugishita (Sr., USC Upstate) – Led the Spartans in three throwing events last weekend
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.