Monday, October 03, 2011
MACON, Ga. – Lipscomb earned its fourth-conference win of the season and 39th-in-a-row, which ranks third in the nation, behind the play of Katie Rose, who totaled 35 kills and 36 digs to win the Atlantic Sun Volleyball Player of the Week award.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Katie Rose, Lipscomb
(Sr. – Middle Blocker – Lexington, Ky. – Education)
• Second Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week honor; second this season
• Led Lady Bisons to a 3-0 week with two wins in conference play
• Totaled 35 kills, 36 digs and eight total blocks with a .354 hitting percentage
• Lipscomb has yet to drop a set in four conference matches
• Jill Hopper (Fr., FGCU) – Recorded career-highs in kills (24) and digs (17) in win vs. Stetson
• Alyssa Lang (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Amassed 36 kills in two road wins against North Florida and Jacksonville
• Paige Pridgeon (Jr., North Florida) – Posted a pair of double-double performances on the week
• Jen Myer (So., Belmont) – Turned in 13 kills and 19 digs in 3-0 sweep of USC Upstate
• Morgan Thomas (Sr., USC Upstate) – Totaled 38 kills on the week with 18 in win vs. Gardner-Webb
• Amiee Frutchey (Sr., Mercer) – Led the Bear with 33 kills in three matches with 34 digs
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.