Monday, October 31, 2011
MACON, Ga. – Kennesaw State's Justine Young capped the week by locking-in the Owls for the 2011 Atlantic Sun Volleyball Championship with a 28-kill performance against USC Upstate to set a program record and win her the A-Sun Player of the Week honor.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Justine Young, Kennesaw State
(Sr. – Outside Hitter – Sacramento, Calif. – Human Services)
• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week honor
• Set a program record with 28 kills in win vs. USC Upstate
• Kill total ranks as the most by A-Sun student-athlete this season in a four-set match
• Win vs. the Spartans clinched the Owls a spot in the A-Sun Championship
• Jennifer Katona (Jr., Mercer) – Led Mercer with 19 kills in two A-Sun matches; including 12 vs. Jacksonville
• Megan Devine (So., ETSU) – Recorded her 11th double-double with 20 and 14 in five-set win at Kennesaw State
• Kaylee Ream (Sr., Stetson) – Posted 32 total kills in two Stetson victories including 17 in comeback win vs. FGCU
• Maggie Johnson (Sr., Belmont) – Led Belmont with 21 kills in four-set win vs. Lipscomb; added 16 digs
• Morgan Thomas (Sr., USC Upstate) – Totaled 37 kills on the week with 19 against Kennesaw State to match her career-high
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.