Monday, April 22, 2013
MACON, Ga. – Lipscomb's Paige Neely and Stetson's Meredith Owen collected Atlantic Sun Weekly Softball Honors as announced by the conference on Monday.
Neely hit out a grand slam vs. Mercer as the Bisons swept the series, while Owen went 4-0 this week with an ERA of .75 for the Hatters.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Paige Neely, Lipscomb
(So. – 3B – Nashville, Tenn. – Law Justice and Society)
- First Career Player of the Week award
- Batted .875 as the Lady Bisons swept a three-game series at Mercer
- Hit a grand slam in game two as part of an eight-run sixth inning that she started with a single
- Scored twice to go with her four RBIs in the game
- Went 7-for-8 in the three games with six RBI and four runs scored
PITCHER OF THE WEEK:
Meredith Owen, Stetson
- Natalie Rhodes (So., Kennesaw State) – Registering six hits, including a double and a triple, four runs and three RBI
- Chelsea Zgrabik (Jr., FGCU) – Collected two RBI and a total of six bases for a .600 slugging percentage
- Dee Dee Davis (Jr., Northern Kentucky) – Extended her hitting streak to 13 games, the longest hitting streak by an NKU player since 2011
- Jordan Cleghorn (Sr., Stetson) – Batted .500 (6-for-12) with a home run and four RBIs
- Danica Mandarano (Jr., North Florida) – Scored runs in 4 of the week's 5 games
(Jr. – P – Jackson, Miss. – Marketing)
- Third Career Pitcher of the Week award; Third this season
- Went 4-0 with a 0.75 ERA last week
- Held her opponents to a .187 batting average
- Struck out 10 batters in a complete game victory over UNF Wednesday
- Collected 26 strikeouts in 28 innings without allowing a single walk.
- Amanda Josie (Jr., FGCU) – Held opposing batters to a .196 batting average this week
- Heather Parker (Jr., Lipscomb) – Pitched her fourth shutout of the season Saturday vs. Mercer
- Abbey Mixon (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Boasted an ERA of 0.81 and six strikeouts in 8.2 innings
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.