Tuesday, December 11, 2012
MACON, Ga. – Mercer's Precious Bridges and Northern Kentucky's Christine Roush both earned their first career Atlantic Sun Women's Basketball weekly honors, announced Tuesday by the league office.
Bridges racked up a career-high 29 points in the Bears victory at Georgia Southern, while Roush dropped seven three-pointers in the Norse road win.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Precious Bridges, Mercer
(So. – G – West Palm Beach, Fla. – Communications)
- First Career Player of the Week award
- Averaged 18.5 points per game this week in two games
- Erupted for a career-high 29 points in a 48-44 win at Georgia Southern
- Tied for second in the A-Sun in scoring with 17.1 points per game
- Has scored 20 or more points three times in the 2012-13 season
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK:
Christine Roush, Northern Kentucky
- Jadhken Kerr (Sr., North Florida) – Landed first career double-double against Savannah State
- Alex Banks (Fr., Lipscomb) – Tabbed a career-high 18 points in Lipscomb's first win of the season
- Victoria McGowan (Sr. - Stetson) – Secured 23 points at Charlotte and went 3-for-4 from three-point range
(Fr. – G – Louisville, Ky.)
- First Career Newcomer of the Week award; program's first conference honor
- Converted seven 3-pointers in win at Ball State; just one shy of the school record of eight
- Finished the night with 23 points and added a career-high seven assists and three steals
- Performance helped NKU collect its first road win as a Division I program
- Presley Stastny (Fr., Lipscomb) – Scored a career-high 17 points in the Bisons win vs. Jacksonville State
- Queen Alford (Fr., Jacksonville) – In her first collegiate start tallied 21 points and nine rebounds
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.