Wednesday, December 26, 2012
MACON, Ga. – North Florida's Destinee Smith and ETSU's Tiana Burley collected their first career Atlantic Sun Women's Basketball weekly honors, announced by the league office on Wednesday.
Smith landed six three-point field goals to lead the Osprey to a 69-58 win at Coastal Carolina, while Burley came off the bench to record a double-double in her first game as a Buccaneer.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Destinee Smith, North Florida
(So. – G – Decatur, Ga.)
- First Career Player of the Week award
- Tied a career high for points with 20 on the road at Coastal Carolina
- Shot 6-for-7 from behind the arc; tied for the second most in UNF single game record books
- Marked a career high in steals with three total
NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK:
Tiana Burley, ETSU
- Kayla Thacker (Jr., Northern Kentucky) – Tallied a career high 17 points in the Norse victory over UNC Wilmington
- Victoria McGowan (Sr., Stetson) – Named MVP at the Hatter Classic after averaging 15 point per game
(So. – C – Camilla, Ga.)
- First Career Newcomer of the Week award
- In her first game as a Buccaneer recorded a double-double off the bench
- Recorded 19 points and 13 rebounds in game vs. Appalachian State
- Shot 87.5 percent from the field for the Bucs
- Ki Conner (Jr., North Florida) – Shot 100 percent from the field against Coastal Carolina
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.