Wednesday, February 20, 2013
MACON, Ga. – ETSU's Gabriela Wahl tied for fifth individually at the Jim West Challenge and led the Bucs to their second straight runner-up finish for her second A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week honor of 2012-13.
WOMEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Gabriela Wahl, ETSU (So. – Heidenheim, Germany – Business)
• Posted a fifth-place finish, her second-top five of 2012-13
• Led the ETSU women's golf team to its second straight runner-up finish in the spring opener at the Jim West Challenge hosted by Texas State
• Finished five strokes back of tournament medalist
• Posted rounds of 78-76-78=232 to finish at 16-over-par for the event in less-than-favorable weather conditions
• Continues to lead the Bucs in stroke average this season at 75.2
• Fifth career A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week honor
• Georgia Price, FGCU – Led the Eagles carding scores of 78, 80 and 77 for a final score of 235 (19-over par) throughout the three rounds at the Le Triomphe Invitational...Finished tied for 11th individually
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.