Wednesday, March 13, 2013
MACON, Ga. – Stetson junior Ryan Ashburn recorded a career best individual performance at the JMU/Eagle Landing Invitational, finishing in a tie for 13th to claim the A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week honor.
WOMEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Ryan Ashburn, Stetson (Jr. – Largo, Fla. – Sport Management)
• Finished 13th with a six-over par score of 222 at the JMU/Eagle Landing Invitational
• Recorded her career best individual performance, topping her previous low three-round score of 227 from the Cincinnati Spring Invitational in 2011
• Ashburn was the high finisher for the A-Sun in the tournament that included five conference teams
• Third top-20 finish for Ashburn in 2012-13
• Rachel Brown, Northern Kentucky – Led the Norse to an eighth-place finish at the Benbow Invitational, hosted by Butler, in Jacksonville, Fla.... Carded rounds of 78-83 for a two-day total of 161 and finished tied for 12th
• Ines Lescudier, Kennesaw State – Placed 18th at the JMU Eagle Landing Invitational with a 54-hole score of eight-over-par 224...Recorded second straight top-20 showing
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.