Wednesday, March 20, 2013
MACON, Ga. – Lacey Fears finished third individually and helped the Bears to the team title at the MSU Ocala Spring Invitational, their second win of the season, to claim her third A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week honor of 2012-13.
WOMEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Lacey Fears, Mercer (Jr. – Bonaire, Ga. – Business)
• Third Golfer of the Week honor of 2012-13 (9/26, 10/17)
• Notched a third-place finish at the MSU Invitational to lift Mercer to its second team title of the academic year
• Shot 71 (-1), 70 (-2) and 77 (+5) to collect her third top-five finish of the academic year and seventh top-five of her collegiate career
• Was the A-Sun's top finisher in the event and helped Mercer outpace Stetson by seven strokes for the team title
• Chelsea Guoynes, FGCU – Guoynes placed 11th at the 2013 Ocala Spring Invitational with a total score of 223 (75-71-77)...Helped FGCU place seventh at the three-day tournament
• Sian Evans, ETSU – Guided the Buccaneers to an eighth-place finish last week in the Insperity Lady Jaguar Intercollegiate, finishing ahead of Top 50 teams UTSA and Kentucky...Placed in a tie for 31st individually, with rounds of 78-75-76=229.
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.