Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MACON, Ga. – This week's A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week, ETSU's Chloe Garner, fired a career-best 67 and finished fifth to lead the Buccaneers into fourth-place and ahead of a half-dozen BCS teams including Top-35 teams LSU and Kentucky at the Web.com Intercollegiate.
WOMEN’S GOLFER OF THE WEEK: Chloe Garner, ETSU (Sr. – Somerset, West Africa – Marketing Management)
• First career A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week honor
• Fired her career-best round of 5-under-par 67 in the first round of the Rebel Intercollegiate
• Also carded two more solid rounds to finish with a team-best showing of fifth
• Her efforts helped the Buccaneers to a fourth-place finish in an extremely competitive field
• Led ETSU ahead of No. 29 LSU and No. 34 Kentucky along with placing ahead of BCS teams Mississippi State, Mississippi, Missouri and Minnesota
• Garner's numbers for the Rebel Intercollegiate: 67-73-75=215 (-1)
• Ket Preamchuen, Kennesaw State – Turned in a season-best performance at the Web.com Intercollegiate, placing 10th (72-72-74=218, +2) for a 2-over par at the par-72 Marsh Landing Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla....Finished six shots behind Purdue's Gabrielle Dominguez and Paula Reto of Purdue who shared individual medalist honors
• Taylor Barnes, USC Upstate – Posted a strong outing at the Bradley Invitational, taking home second place and leading the Spartans to a third-place finish in the eight-team field...After opening with an 82 in the first round, shot 75 and 73 to vault up the leaderboard and into second place
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an NCAA Division I league with 10 member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement with a true balance between student and athlete. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, Northern Kentucky University, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.