Wednesday, December 05, 2012
MACON, Ga. - USC Upstate's Dominique Nock and ETSU's Kristen Chapman earned the first Atlantic Sun Women's Indoor Track and Field honors of the season, as announced by the conference on Wednesday.
The Spartans' Nook broke several program records in her first collegiate competition, while Buccaneers' Chapman made the podium in the high jump.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Dominique Nock, USC Upstate
(Fr. – Sprints/Jumps – Griffin, Ga. – Biology)
- First Career Track Athlete of the Week award
- Led the way for Upstate at Clemson's Orange & Purple Winter Classic breaking three school records
- Posted a program-best time in the 60-meter dash prelims with a time of 7.81
- Raced in the 4x400-meter relay to cross the line eighth with a school record time of 4:10.37
- Turned in another school record performance in the long jump with a leap of 5.35-meters (17-06.75) to place fifth overall
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Kristen Chapman, ETSU
- Demeteria Edgecombe (Jr., ETSU) – Set a personal best in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.51
(Fr. – Jumps – Jacksboro, Tenn. – Pre-Nursing)
- First Career Field Athlete of the Week award
- Competed in her first collegiate meet at Clemson's Orange & Purple Classic
- Finished in third-place in the high jump, leaping 1.55m
- Marked a personal best with her jump in the event
- Shannon Hooper (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Finished sixth at the BSC Indoor Icebreaker with a weight throw of 16.45 meters
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.