Wednesday, January 16, 2013
MACON, Ga. - ETSU's Chelsea Clark and Kennesaw State's Gwen Jones grabbed Atlantic Sun Indoor Track and Field Weekly Honors as announced by the league on Wednesday after weekend performances in the UAB Blazer Invite.
Clark set a person personal best in the 5000 meters at her first meet of the year, while Jones set a new program record for the Owls in the shot put.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Chelsea Clark, ETSU
(Jr. – Track – Fairmont, W. Va. – Exercise Science)
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Gwen Jones, Kennesaw State
- First Career Track Athlete of the Week award
- Competed in her first meet of the year at the UAB Blazer Invite
- Set a personal best in the 5000m to cross the line fifth out of 18 runners
- Time of 18:16.61 beat her previous personal best by four seconds
(Sr. – Throws – Statesboro, Ga. – Education)
- First Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Set a KSU record in the shot put with a heave of 13.39m
- Received third place in shot put at the Blazer Invite
- Currently holds the top distance in the A-Sun in shot put
- Kristin Chapman (Fr., ETSU) – Earned second in the high jump at UAB Blazer Invite
- April Terry (So., Lipscomb) – Broke her own school record in shot put with a toss of 12.52m
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.