Wednesday, February 06, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Jacksonville's Bienna Freeman and Charlene Charles swept the Atlantic Sun Women's Indoor Track and Field honors as announced by the conference office on Wednesday.
Freeman broke two JU records and ranks nationally in the 800m and the distance medley, while Charles landed a pentathlon victory for the Dolphins.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Bienna Freeman, Jacksonville
(Sr. – Distance – Newark, Del. – Sociology)
- Second Career Indoor Track Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Claimed first in the 800m at the Sykes & Sabock Challenge Cup
- Time of 2:08.17 in the 800m broke a school record and ranks No. 24 in the country
- Ran a leg in the Dolphins school record distance medley that recorded the 26th fastest time in the country at 11:36.48
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
- Dani Walker (Jr., Lipscomb) – Won gold in both the mile run and the distance medley at the TSU Invite
- Cynthia Davis (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Broke a school record in the 200m with a time of 24.43
- Chelsea Clark (Jr., ETSU) – Landed a personal best by nearly 30 seconds in the 3000m (9:47.04)
- Karena Fulks (Fr., Northern Kentucky) – Place top-three in three events for the Norse
(Sr. – Combined – Alfortville, France – Communications)
- Fourth Career Indoor Field Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Dominated the competition in the pentathlon at the Sykes & Sabock Challenge Cup
- Won four out of five events to take first in the to take first in the pentathlon with 4,049 points
- Her point total in the meet ranks No.10 nationally
- Lexie Burley (Jr., ETSU) – Won gold in the triple jump at the Hilton Garden Invite with a leap of 12.09m
- Bethany Imperial (Fr., Lipscomb) – Broke two indoor school records at the TSU Invite in the long jump and triple jump
- Kendall Richmond (Northern Kentucky) – Set an NKU record in the long jump (5.27m); first ever attempt in competition
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.