Monday, April 15, 2013
MACON, Ga. – Kennesaw State's Emily Collins and Stetson's Caili Guilday led their team to its first ever program victory to land Atlantic Sun Lacrosse Weekly Honors.
Collins scored seven goals against Howard including the game winner to give the Owls their first program win, while Guilday made six saves in the Hatters 19-7 win vs. KSU to mark their programs first win.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Emily Collins, Kennesaw State
(Jr. – MF – Snellville, Ga. – Communications)
- First Career A-Sun Lacrosse Weekly Award
- Helped Kennesaw State post its first-ever victory with a 14-13 win vs. Howard
- Totaled 11 points in two games this week
- Scored nine goals and added two assists to make the Owls go 1-1 in conference action
- Recorded a program-record seven goals, including the game-winning score with 1:05 remaining vs. the Bison
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Caili Guilday , Stetson
- Amanda Hurley (Sr., Jacksonville) – Tallied two goals vs. No. 3 North Carolina
- Maylis Broderick (Fr., Stetson) – Scored four goals to lead the Hatters to their first program win
- Erin Campbell (Jr., Detroit) – Tied a team-high with 5 goals over the two games including four goals at Stetson
(Fr. – GK – Wallingford, Pa)
- Second Career Defensive Player of the Week award
- Was an integral part of Stetson's first ever win
- Led the Hatters to a 19-7 win vs. the Owls on Sunday
- Secured six saves in the historical game
- Added nine saves against Detroit on Friday
- Finishing the week with a 10.23 goals-against-average, and a 45.5 save percentage.
- Rachel Hannon (Jr., Jacksonville) – Helped the Dolphins to cause a school record 32 turnovers vs. Detroit
- Megan Callahan (Sr., Detroit) – Led the team with 8 ground balls, 9 draw controls, and 4 caused turnovers
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.