Monday, September 17, 2012
MACON, Ga. – Mercer's Casey Barrett and Jacksonville's Hannah Allerton won the Atlantic Sun Women's Soccer Player of the Week honors, announced Monday by the league office.
Barrett netted two goals on the week including the game-winner against Jacksonville State, while Allerton made her first career start in goal for the Dolphins and turned in a six-save 1-0 shutout of College of Charleston.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Casey Barrett, Mercer (F – Jr. – Dublin, Ohio – Biochemistry)
- First Career Atlantic Sun Player of Week
- Scored twice and added on assist in two Mercer wins
- Registered the game-winning goal at Jacksonville State in 85th minute
- Tacked on one goal and an assist in 4-1 road win vs. Troy
- Helped Bears improve to 6-3-1 on the season
- Shea Rhoney (MF/F, FGCU) - Tallied goal in 1-1 tie at Northern Arizona; leads team with four
- Marie Weckhurst (D, Jacksonville) - Scored lone goal in 1-0 win vs. College of Charleston
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Hannah Allerton, Jacksonville (GK – Fr. – Ponte Vedra, Fla.)
- First Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week
- Posted 1-0 shutout vs. College of Charleston
- Stopped six shots en route to first career shutout
- Was making first career start as a Dolphin
- Maggie Cropp (GK, Mercer) - Posted 135 minutes in goal; allowed one goal
- Brittany Brown (GK, FGCU) - Made 12 total saves on the week including eight vs. UNLV
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.