Monday, October 01, 2012
MACON, Ga. – FGCU's Shannen Wacker amassed five goals and Samantha Kron total four points to win the Atlantic Sun Women's Soccer Player of the Week honors, announced Monday by the league office.
The Eagles' Wacker registered the program's third-ever hat trick with three tallies against Northern Kentucky two days after netting two goals against Lipscomb, while the Bucs' Kron dished out two assists in a road win vs. Kennesaw State before scoring on the road vs. Mercer.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Shannen Wacker, FGCU (F – So. – Parker, Colo. – Science)
- Second Career Atlantic Sun Player of Week; second this season
- Tallied program's third-ever hat trick in 6-0 win vs. Northern Kentucky
- Started the weekend with two goals vs. Lipscomb
- Marks her third-straight multi-goal game; owns 10 goals on the year
- Sits second all-time in FGCU history for goals in a season
- Named to the TopDrawerSoccer.com National Team of the Week
- Ramey Kerns (F, ETSU) - Set the ETSU single-season record for goals with 13th of the year
- Tess Patton (F, Mercer) - Totaled seven points in two Mercer wins with three goals and one assist
- Kathryn Hale (MF, Northern Kentucky) - Tallied game-winning goal in 1-0 match at Stetson
- Caroline Chadwell (F, Lipscomb) - Scored second goal of the season in 1-1 tie with Stetson
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Samantha Kron, ETSU (D – Jr. – Paradise Valley, Ariz. – Marketing)
- First Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week
- Totaled four points on the weekend with one goal and two assists
- Dished out two assists in a 3-1 win at Kennesaw State on Friday
- Added ETSU's lone goal in match at Mercer - her second of the season
- Ashley Ciesielczyk (D, FGCU) - Helped FGCU post two shutouts; added two assists vs. Northern Kentucky
- Maggie Cropp (GK, Mercer) - Posted 90 minutes of shutout soccer in two matches with three saves
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.