Friday, February 08, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Twelve Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis matches are scheduled over the next eight days with nine taking place on road courts. Stetson has two home matches with Charleston Southern and Iowa State coming to DeLand, while North Florida hosts Houston.
A-Sun Women's Tennis Notes (#ASunWTen):
- ETSU, FGCU and Stetson all sit at the top of the A-Sun standings with undefeated records of 1-0. However, USC Upstate owns the most wins in the conference with a 3-2 mark.
- The Spartans' Constanze Kuerten owns the best record in singles play in the spring season at 4-0. Kuerten is 3-0 playing at No. 3 and also has a victory in the two spot.
- In doubles play, North Florida's tandem of Melanie Aguirre and Lorena Aviles are 2-0 at No. 1 doubles, while Upstate's Julie Bell and Taylor Cohen have the most wins at No. 1 doubles with a 3-1 record.
- So far, A-Sun teams have played against only three ranked opponents this season.
- UNF's Aviles (1/30) and ETSU's Lyn Yee Choo (2/6) picked up the first two A-Sun Player of the Week honors. In UNF's program history, the Ospreys have won 13 A-Sun Weekly Awards, which is tied with Stetson for the most in the conference. ETSU is in third place with 12.
- Kennesaw State (0-3), Lipscomb (0-4) and Northern Kentucky (0-1) are all searching for their first wins this season. The Owls get two chances this weekend with duals against Armstrong Atlantic and Georgia Southern, while Lipscomb and NKU don't play again until Feb. 16th.
- Mercer has yet to play at home this season and open the 2013 season with seven-straight road matches including three this weekend. The Bears first home dual is Feb. 19th vs. Jacksonville State. Likewise, ETSU begins its season with a 10-game road streak, while KSU has its first eight duals away from home.
- North Florida (1-0), Stetson (1-0) and USC Upstate are all undefeated at home this season.
Upcoming Women's Tennis Matches Featuring Ranked Teams
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2013
ETSU vs. No. 69 Oregon - 9:00 a.m.
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.