Wednesday, February 12, 2014
MACON, Ga. - Stetson's Diana Bukajeva extended her singles match win streak to eight to collect Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week Honors as announced by the conference on Wednesday.
Bukajeva led the Hatters to the program's first-ever win against FIU. Bukajeva started off the match with 6-1 win in the No. 1 doubles spot to clinch the first point of the match.
She followed that performance up with a 6-4, 7-5 win in singles play to grab the 4-3 team victory for the Hatters.
Bukajeva came from behind in the second set of singles play to overcome a 5-0 deficit and grab the straight sets win in the No. 1 singles position.
Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week - Feb 12th|
| Diana Bukajeva Stetson
• Riga, Latvia
• Business Administration
||• Fourth Career A-Sun Player of the Week award; first this year
• Led the Hatters to 4-3 victory vs. FIU
• Collected a win at No. 1 doubles spot to grab the first point
• Extended her singles win streak to eight matches
• Picked up a 6-4, 7-5 victory in the No. 1 singles position
• Came back from a 5-0 deficit to win 7-5 in the second set
• Win clinched the Hatters first ever win vs. FIU in seven total meetings
• Next Hatters Match: at Embry Riddle; Sunday, Feb. 16th
Simona Weymar, North Florida