Wednesday, February 19, 2014
MACON, Ga. - Kennesaw State's Virginie Stein took home Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week Accolades as announced by the league's office on Wednesday.
Stein made her 2014 season debut with a bang as she marked a perfect 6-0 week in singles and doubles action.
The Owl grabbed three straight-set victories at the No. 1 singles position with wins vs. Florida A&M, Jacksonville State and Alabama State.
Stein paired with Blaire LaSure in doubles play to to secure a 3-0 record at the No. 2 spot. The Owls went 3-0 as a team in this week's non-conference action.
Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week - Feb 19th|
| Virginie Stein Kennesaw State
• Gevelsberg, Germany
||• First Career A-Sun Player of the Week award
• Posted a perfect 6-0 mark in doubles and singles play
• Helped KSU secure a 3-0 record this week
• Owls faced Florida A&M, Jacksonville State and Alabama State
• Teamed with Blaire LaSure to go 3-0 at No. 2 doubles
• Recorded straight-set victories in each of her No. 1 singles matches
• Next Owls Match: at Georgia State; Friday, Feb. 21st
Michelle Valdez, North Florida; Diana Bukajeva, Stetson