Wednesday, March 13, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's duo of Dani Walker and April Terry took home Atlantic Sun Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week Honors after their record breaking performances at the Birmingham Southern Invite.
Walker finished first in the steeplechase in her first time competing in the event, while Terry landed two podium finishes for the Bisons.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Dani Walker, Lipscomb
(Jr. – Distance – Wichita, Kan. – Kinesiology)
- Sixth Career Track Athlete of the Week award; fourth this year
- Broke a school record in the steeplechase her first time competing in the event
- Took home first-place honors in the steeplechase at the Birmingham Southern Invite
- Time if 10:32.95 is faster than what it took to qualify for the NCAA Preliminary round of Nationals in 2012
- Leads the nation in the steeplechase at this point in the outdoor track season
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
- Alicia Whittle (So., Kennesaw State) – Currently holds the third best time in the country in the 400m hurdle with a time of 55.83
April Terry, Lipscomb (So. – Throws – Little Rock, Ark. – Psychology)
- Second Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Landed two podium finishes at the Birmingham Southern Invite
- Threw for 12.88m in the shot put to finish second in the event
- Finished third in the hammer throw with a heave of 44.27
- Set a Lipscomb school record in both events this week
- Shannon Hooper (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Leads the A-Sun in the hammer throw with a toss of 48.46m
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.