Wednesday, April 10, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Jacksonville's Bienna Freeman and Kennesaw State's Michelle Quimby landed Atlantic Sun Track and Field Weekly Honors, as announce by the conference on Wednesday.
Freeman's time of 2:04.8 in the 800m currently ranks fifth in the nation, while Quimby broke a KSU record in the pole vault with a height of 3.75m.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Bienna Freeman, Jacksonville
(Sr. – Middle Distance – Newark, Del. – Sociology)
- First Career Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week award
- Marked a second-place in the 800m at the Florida Relays
- Was the top collegiate finisher with a time of 2:04.8
- Broke the school record by two seconds and currently leads the conference
- Time is ranked fifth nationally and second in the east
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
- Tessa Hoefle (Jr., Lipscomb) – Finished second in the 3000 steeplechase at the Sun Angel Classic with a time of 10:45.69
- Cynthia Davis (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Ran a leg in the 4x100m relay that finished in 45.14; ranked No. 19 nationally
- Heaven Briggs (Fr., USC Upstate) – Reset her program-best mark at the Duke Invite in the 200-meter crossing the line in 24.85
Michelle Quimby, Kennesaw State (Sr. – Vault – Ballston N.Y. – Physical & Health Education)
- Second Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Vaulted for a height of 3.75m at the Florida Relays last weekend
- Broke a KSU record with her mark in the vault
- Currently holds the top mark in the A-Sun in the event
- April Terry (So., Lipscomb) – Set a school record in the shot put with a toss of 13.5 meters at the Sun Angel Classic
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.