Wednesday, April 17, 2013
MACON, Ga. - Jacksonville's Joane Pierre and Lipscomb's April Terry put up strong performances for Atlantic Sun Weekly Track and Field Honors.
Pierre broke a school record in the 1500m for the Dolphins, while Terry competed in three events and made the podium in two of her events.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Joane Pierre, Jacksonville
(Sr. – Middle Distance – Immokalee, Fla – Management)
- Second Career Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Broke the JU record in the 1500m by nearly six seconds at the FSU Seminole Invitational
- Finished third with a time of 4:18.27
- Time ranks No. 9 nationally
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
- Kelly Johnson (Sr., Northern Kentucky) – Ran a 10,000m time of 38:39 at the Sea Ray Relays
- Dominique Nock (Fr., USC Upstate) – Turned in a school record time in the women's 200-meter with a time of 24.74
April Terry, Lipscomb (So. – Throws – Little Rock, Ark. – Psychology)
- Third Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award; second this season
- Claimed first, second and fourth place at the Boston-Moon Classic
- Won the hammer throw with a toss of 45.33m, winning by nearly four meters
- Finished second in the shot put with a toss of 12.44m
- Collected a fourth place finish came in the discus with a throw of 34.94m
- Katerina Vodova (So., ETSU) – Recorded a personal best mark of 5.91m and a first-place finish in the long jump
- Tyler Thomas (So., Northern Kentucky) – Secured a third place finish with a jump of 1.65m in the prestigious Sea Ray Relays
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.