Wednesday, May 01, 2013
MACON, Ga. - ETSU's Karissa Bertling and Katerina Vodova collected first place finishes at the Highlander Invitational to sweep the Atlantic Sun Weekly Track and Field Honors.
Bertling attained a personal best in the 400m for a first-place finish, while Vodova broke a stadium record to catapult her way to the podium this weekend.
TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Karissa Bertling, ETSU
(So. – Sprints – New Port Richey, Fla. – Criminal Justice)
- First Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award
- Turned in a pair of first-place finishes at the Highlander Invitational
- Highlighted the meet with a top mark and personal best in the 400m with a time of 56.22
- Finished first in the 200m with a time of 24.60
FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Katerina Vodova, ETSU
- Michelle Quimby (Sr., Kennesaw State) – Set a new school record of 3.8m in the pole vault
(Jr. – Jumps – Humpolec, Czech Republic – Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Third Career Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week award; first this season
- Marked a Patrick D. Cupp Memorial Stadium record in the women's long jump at the Highlander Invitational
- Leap of 5.92 gained a first-place finish and the mark was also a personal best
- Ranks first in the A-Sun in the long jump this season
Follow the Atlantic Sun on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.